Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Our Babies :)










Twins do NOT run in my family. I did not expect this at all. Peter and I went to the doctor's office yesterday for the first baby check up and we were so excited to see our baby in the ultrasound.


I was just calmly waiting for the ultrasound to start and the only thought that mindlessly popped into my head was, "I've never been able to read these pictures."


I was just staring at the screen of the picture thinking, "Oh that's nice," when the doctor asked, "So I have a question- do twins run in your family?"


"Nope."


"They do now."


"You're joking."


"I'm not."


"No, you're joking."


"I don't joke about twins."


He pointed them out to me and I had a hard time believing it. I think the only thing I said throughout the first half of the ultrasound was "Oh my goodness"... about twenty times.


So that's mine and Peter's news! We're almost three months along with twins.


Wow.

10 comments:

Trevor and April said...

HOORAY!!!!!! That is so exciting!!! You will be a wonderful mother of twins!

Annette@EnjoyYourHealthyLife said...

WHOA!! SO exciting!! That is SO cool.

Amanda said...

Wow! Congrats! I think that's a first for the Niedfeldt side...as far as I know anyway. I'd have been in shock during the ultrasound too.

Afton LeSueur said...

That is definitely two babies! So cool! I hope it is two girls! They are going to be close to Violet! Probably less than a year apart, right?

Natalie said...

They're cute already!! Fun, fun, fun!

Ask Josh said...

What a nice Christmas surprise. Boo ya. Congratulations, Kristen.

Aleena said...

YEAH!!! Twins do run in your family...kind of...I have a set of twins, but it does run on my dad's side so I don't really know what that means other then you are going to love it. I would have another set if I could. Things are just way cuter when there are two!!!
If you have any questions or concerns please call me. I would love to be a little moral support!

Sharla said...

Wow! I am sooo excited for you guys! I have twin brothers-in-law, cousins, and nephews. They are a blast!

Erin Spenc said...

Wahoo!! What a way to start off parenthood. I am so so so excited for you guys! When are you due?

M said...

I'm still not sure if I believe you. I was looking for proof in those pictures, but to me it looks like you let your students have a black colored pencil and told them to go crazy! Maybe when you come home you should bring one with labels! I love you!