Sunday, September 11, 2011

Third Grade Philosophers

So in my class, for fun, I let my students write proverbs. I gave them the beginning of the proverb, and then they wrote the rest based on what they thought made sense. Here are some of my favorites. The given part of the proverb is bolded, and how they finished it is in normal font. Enjoy!



Dead men stay under ground.



A friend in need needs a toy.



Barking dogs want sufting. [something... we're working on spelling:)]


When the cat's away the dog is too.











Some other cute ones were:

He who plays with fire is a bad kid who dos'nd lisin to his mother.

Great talkers become annoying.

and (the winner of the Spanish Fork award)...

You're never too old to hunt. :)

5 comments:

Ryan and Kali said...

Very Cute!! Im glad school started so we can read about your class again. :) Are you and Peter going to start a blog? or will it be combined with this one?

Ashley and Aaron Daley said...

That's so cute! What grade are you teaching?

Afton LeSueur said...

Ha ha, my favorite one was "A penny saved a kid"!

Joy For Your Journey said...

HA HA HA. I loved those--especially that last one!

gwwpkc said...

Pretty wise kids!