I found this recipe just a little while ago and tried it out last week. It was a hit! And it was the easiest dough I have ever worked with. I was skeptical about not starting my yeast before I added everything together so I made two batches... the dough that I followed these directions with actually did turn out better. I guess the creators of this knew what they were doing :)
2 1/2-3 cups flour
2 T sugar
1 rapid rise yeast packet
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup very warm water
2 T oil
1. In a large bowl, combine 1 cup of flour, sugar, salt, and undissolved yeast and stir well :)
2. Gradually add oil and water to the mixture. Blend at low speed until moistened. Then beat for 2 minutes at medium speed. By hand, stir in remaining flour until the dough pulls away from the side of the bowl.
3. On a floured surface, knead dough until it is smooth and elastic,
4. Roll out dough into either two 12 inch round pizzas or onto one large cookie sheet (that is what I did and it was a perfect size :) It worked out perfectly to just fold the dough over on the edges to create a crust- it poofed up very nicely.
5. Prick the dough several times with a fork (this is fun :)
6. Let rest for 15 minutes. (the dough will want time to recover from getting stabbed before it is placed in a burning oven)
7. Prebake the pizzas for 7 minutes at 425 degrees,
8, Top with desired toppings and then return the pizzas to the oven for 7-10 additional minutes.
9. Enjoy the best homemade pizza ever.
And the best part? Less than 45 minutes from start to finish.
2 months ago