Friday, February 18, 2011

Love in the Classroom

A few stories I've been meaning to write for a while now... enjoy!

1. I bet parents would be moritified if they knew how much their children divulged during the school day. One day a little girl came up to me and said, "Guess what, Miss Wagner! My aunt and uncle just got a puppy!."

"That's so exciting for them!" I replied. (random...)

The girl went on, "Yep... my aunt told my uncle it was time for either a baby or a puppy so he said PUPPY!"

haha.

2. Don Juan is at it again. Near the end of January, I brought my students each a treat for a reward party they earned. As they were eating them, Don Juan asked me if i could bring everyone treats everyday. "Ummm no" was my response as I continued passing the brownies out. But then the little girl sitting next to him piped in to say, "I'm bringing you a treat for Valentine's Day!" (Valentine's Day was only a month away... :)

3. But Don Juan is not the only one inspiring love in the classroom. At the beginning of January, I rearranged the seats. When the bell rang for afternoon recess to start, a girl stayed back in the classroom so she could talk to me. (picture this conversation with all of the drama a nine year old is capable of)..."Miss WAGNER! I canNOT believe you seated me so close to Johnny (fake name)!"

I looked over at his seat... it was at a whole different table... I pointed this out and she responded, "But he is SO close. How am I supposed to concentrate?"

I told her I was confident that she'd survive, but she just shook her head, grabbed her coat, and mumbled on her way out the the door, "I don't think I'm going to learn anything this term..."

Can you believe it?

Somehow I forgot about the crush, and they ended up next to each other last week when I switched the desks again. But... it worked out for the best (for me...), because after one whole day of sitting next to him, she stomped up to me after school to tell me, "I don't like Johnny anymore. He's sooooooo annoying. I can't stand him! Can I move?"

Apparently Johnny should stick to long distance relationships.

Love the drama :)

2 comments:

Joy For Your Journey said...

I love the stories from your classroom. They are so cute. And you do such a great job dealing with all your cute kids.

Trevor and April said...

I agree with your mom, you are awesome at dealing with them, I don't think I could handle it. Keep the stories coming, they are hilarious.